Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Traffic Cop Training

It's a super nice day here in Chile. This is the last week of the change and I'm praying like crazy we don't have changes.
The sector we have is huge. This last friday we went out to the farthest part of the sector to meet an investigator. We took a taxi thing that's called colectivo for 45 minutes to get there. It was the most incredible thing I had ever seen. It was SO green. We went to his house and he wasn't there but honestly it was worth the experience.
On Saturday we had English class. On our way to the class we got a flat tire (of course we did!) and had to run. We sprinted to the chapel to find... nobody. We were there at the chapel with the keys so we tried to take people on a tour of the church but nobody wanted it. For a little bit we were pretending to lead traffic and direct people in the church parking lot.  We were trying to act exhausted by the droves of people coming to tour the church but no one bit.  It didn't work although a lot of people thought it was funny.
Roberto and his family went to church. We went early to his house Sunday morning and brought them breakfast. Seriously who can refuse a hot breakfast made by me?  They actually liked the pancakes that we made which was a miracle. At church they were friends with everybody. Honestly they are the coolest, warmest, friendliest family of all. We're really happy for them.
We gave blessings to an entire family after the parents recently were divorced and was honestly one of the most sacred moments of my mission. It was so nice to feel they were being taken care of even in such a hard situation. God loves us all the time.  But I learned during those blessings he is the closest he will ever be when we are completely broken.
 Isaiah 41:10  “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

Love  you family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment