Tuesday, May 17, 2016

San Felipe

I'm so glad to hear that Paul had a good birthday and that Luke won his Hershey track! That's dope!

First week in San Felipe.

It was a really good week here. It's strange trying to get used to a sector when you know you are only going to be there for one change, but oh well. I get a long really well with my comp Elder Espinoza. 3 three things you should know about him.

1. He's my first Chilean comp which is awesome I wish I could've been with him longer so he could teach me all the Chilean words but it's chill. He speaks english pretty fluently. In the house we speak straight English and he is set on studying at BYU. He thinks Im helping him, but really he's making the last few weeks of my mission so easy and sweet. 

.2. He's one of the lucky few that got to serve on Easter Island.

3. He has a guitar and jams out on it. He knows how to play so well.

Anyways I also got a chance to do an interchange with Elder Pagano from new Mexico and it was a total blast. He literally lives in the farthest sector from santiago. Actually his sector is closer to the beach than to Santiago. He has a convert that gives sushi to the missionaries every thursday so it was awesome to go there on a thursday :) but seeing the relationship between him and his convert was really special. That is for sure the best part about missionary work. The relationships we make helping people join the gospel. Im still mourning the loss of Roberto and his family.  Im amazed how dear this family became to me.

Last note. I have been overwhelmed with feelings of peace and satisfaction about the last two years.  I feel like I did what I wanted to do.  I wanted to know god better, see his people as he sees them, break my heart down and be humble and follow him as a child would follow his father.  I have seen mercy, felt amazing grace, and in quiet moment of walking the dusty chilean roads I feel this overwhelming peace and joy for the amazing people I have met and what I have gained here.  I might be the luckiest missionary in the world.  

That's it with me. Just trying to love and enjoy this last little bit. I hope everybody has a great week. 








No comments:

Post a Comment