Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Last transfer

What's good fam. This last week was my last week in esmeralda and it was a sad but special one. It was a lot harder saying bye to people than I thought that it would. On thursday we got a phone call telling us that they were going to transfer both of us and put in new missionaries in our sector. It caught us off gaurd so much.  We talked with a kid named david a few times this week. He's 17 and is really cool and always happy. We read moroni 10: 3-5 and he got really interested in that. That night he said a prayer, and even though he didn't recieve what he was expecting, he said it was a good experience and good after praying. He also told us he felt a little stressed out because they have like no money and his birthday is this week and he needed some new clothes. I gave him most of the clothes I have because I'm not going to be here for that much longer. He was really happy about it. We taught an english class but the only people that went were paula (roberto's wife) and her kids. They were actually way interested taking a bunch of notes and asking us to say things in english so that they could record it and practice the pronuciation later. We had found out that we were leaving the day before but we didn't have the guts to tell them that they we were leaving. Afterwards they said they wanted us to say a prayer in english to end. You guys have to promise not to tell anybody but I started crying in the prayer. I said they don't know we're leaving and they don't understand what I'm saying but maybe someday they'll really understand how much we really love them and that we just wanted him to take care of this family and keep guiding them. It was one of the best moments of my whole mission. On sunday we made breakfast again for Roberto and the fam. We made french toast, and once again another miracle took place because they actually really liked them. After church we went over to their house to do skype. It was so good to see the family one last time on skype. I'm also way glad to hear that my mom had a good mothers day. She definitely deserved it. Yesterday I got my new comp and my new sector. I'm here in San Felipe, it's the farthest zone from santiago. In a bus it would be like an hour and a half to get to santiago. It is honestly so pretty here. My comp is Elder Espinoza from chile. Finally I got a chilean comp, too bad I'll only be with him for one change. I love you guys have a wonderful week. PAUL HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK  Kevin R. Duncan  Brothers and sisters, in the competitions of life, if we win, let us win with grace. If we lose, let us lose with grace. For if we live with grace toward one another, grace shall be our reward at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment