Tuesday, June 7, 2016

MISSION COMPLETE

I can't believe how fast time is going. I can't believe next week I'll finish my mission. I read through my journal and can't believe all of the experiences I've had, all the ups and down, successes and failures. It's hard to describe how I feel right now. I think the very best word is satisfied. The gospel is so wonderful because you cannot fail, all that is required is your best effort. Even though sometimes I feel like I couldn't always give my best effort, I feel like God gave me more than I ever deserved. I remember feeling lonely alot but looking back, I realize that I never really was alone, not for a single minute. 

I think the most important thing I learned on my mission is love. I learned that change and growth comes only in the pure love of Christ, not in condemning or critiquing. I've seen with my own eyes people overcome addictions and very serious problems, and the reason was because of love. Loving God over all things as a direct result truly allows me to love myself and other people for who they are even in our weaknesses.

I think about all the people I had the privilidge of meeting and I wish I could muster up the right words to tell them how much I love them and how much they mean to me. It's hard to believe two years ago I didn't know anything about this country or culture, and now I can hardly breathe realizing that I'm leaving it all in just two more weeks. Thinking how hard it was at the beginning and all the frustrations I had and seeing them all be turned into blessings is a pattern I've seen Christ do with everybody.

I am so grateful how god has healed my heart. I remember feeling frustration about certain things that I had done or experienced, and now it's as if it was never a problem. Grace by grace, step by step he showed me his love and has given me answers. There is so much that I still don't know, but I truly do believe in him and I honestly think I always will.

I love my companions and how much they have helped me. I know there was a reason that we were together. Each one has taught me and shown me attributes that will make me into the person I  desire to be. A good satisfying life seems to be the plan for each one of us.

I'm so happy to see my family again. I'm so heartbroken to leave my family here. When someone finishes the mission we say that they "die" I hope with all of my heart that in a long time when I  do have to pass on from this life, I feel this same peace and joy. I love you guys so much. I'll be seeing you soon.

 24 And behold, there were divers ways that he did manifest
 things unto the children of men, which were good; and all things which are good cometh of Christ;otherwise men were fallenand there could no good thing
come unto them.

No comments:

Post a Comment